Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Darien Lake show I didn't see...

Wow. What a night. Here is the short version of the story. The long, Buffalo News-worthy story will follow..

Quick explanation.

After going to my car twice with a fistful of tickets to get back in, the security lady thought I was "up to something". So she said I was not getting back in.

Yeah, right.

I walked around to the main entrance, used a lawn ticket, and walked back in to the show. I was back in my box in minutes. Then I realized I didn't have my phone.

I walked back to the VIP lounge and asked for a Live Nation VIP manager. I waited a while and Rob P., Director of Sales for Live Nation, came over to chat.

I explained what had occurred (that I had been denied entry, despite having valid, unscanned tickets) to which he responded, "That's ridiculous! The policy refers to tickets, not individuals!"

He asked me to point out the employees who had said these things...I said, "No problem, but we'll have to actually leave the venue--they're outside--can I get your business card?"

He handed me his card and replied, "No problem--just set your drink down, you can get it on the way back in."

So we headed outside and I pointed out the staff who had denied me entry. He went up to talk to them and said, "If someone has more than one ticket, they can still come in.."

They started talking/conferencing/brainstorming.

A few minutes later "Rob" came back and said, "Sorry, Brian, they just changed the policy--you're out."

"What?"

"Sorry."

So, even though I was in...and I had come out...with a Live Nation employee..I was not allowed back in...did I mention I was entirely sober?

Later on, they threatened to arrest me because I tried to go to the portopotties (that were near the entrance)...they thought I might be trying to get in again...

II did not set foot back in the venue, as the local sheriff promised to arrest me should I try to gain re-entry.

And, they assured me, no refunds.

No comments:

Post a Comment